GreenHomeNYC seeks an Executive Director to lead our small and highly mission-driven organization into its next phase of growth. A two-year position, the Executive Director’s primary mandate will be to plan the sustainable growth of our organization and the furtherance of our mission, by expanding funding of our public outreach and education programs.
Working closely with the Board of Directors and an engaged group of staff volunteers, the Executive Director will have primary responsibility for all management and leadership functions, including fundraising and partnership-building, strategic planning, financial management, infrastructure and growth development, board of directors’ development, and programmatic impact.
This position would start as a 6-month part-time volunteer position and would move into a full-time paid position.
More details & how to apply after the jump!
GreenHomeNYC is a community-oriented, volunteer-run organization. GreenHomeNYC’s mission is to facilitate the adoption of sustainable building methods and materials by owners of small residential and commercial buildings in New York City. GreenHomeNYC aims to be a hub of resources for small building owners, to promote the understanding of green building issues, and to connect building owners with local green building service and materials providers. GreenHomeNYC is also the New York City Chapter for the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA), the nation’s leading regional membership organization focused on promoting the understanding, development, and adoption of energy conservation and non-polluting, renewable energy technologies.
GreenHomeNYC is a registered 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit corporation.
• Provide overall strategic leadership and tactical implementation for organizational strategy development, fundraising and financial management.
• Work with the Board of Directors to create the organization’s strategic plan and operational goals that balance the internal and external needs of the organization
• Develop and implement a fundraising strategy that incorporates grant writing, corporate sponsorships, major donor cultivation and solicitation, revenue-generating programs, and annual campaigns
• Lead and oversee day-to-day organizational and programmatic management
• Support and work with the Board of Directors to ensure that existing programs are fiscally sound and expand into new markets; as well as develop new programs that complement the organization’s mission
• Create and manage the organizational “public face” – from maintaining its brand to key press engagements
• Five years of professional experience combining programmatic and fundraising experience, preferably in a resource-constrained, entrepreneurial environment
• Passion for the mission and vision of GreenHomeNYC, with experience in or knowledge of the field of sustainability
• Demonstrated ability to lead and build an initiative, program and/or organization/company
• Proven success building and cultivating strong partnerships/relationships with a variety of stakeholders and organizations, including funders, colleges and universities, corporations, and nonprofit organizations, and potential board members
• Strong project management and leadership skills, combining a strategic perspective with a “get things done” attitude
• Comfortable working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, and mission-driven organization
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively target message to various audiences
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
Salary: salary commensurate with experience; Location: New York City;
To Apply: Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume, outlining how your skills and experience position you for success in this role and stating how you heard about this position, to:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. GreenHomeNYC is an equal opportunity employer.