Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation is hiring an Economic & Environmental Planner with the Bronx Initiative for Energy and the Environment. It’s a great opportunity to gain experience in planning and economic development in NYC, as well as good exposure to government.
- Perform duties assigned by the BOEDC President.
- As part of Bronx Initiative for Energy and the Environment, act as point person for the following projects:
- Coordinate the operation of the Bronx Clean Air Transportation (CAT) Program —work with stakeholders to operate the shuttle service for Hunts Point employees, manage a rider database, and assist in managing the vehicle operators;
- provide outreach to Bronx companies and non-profits to encourage the use alternative vehicle transportation, particularly in electric transportation and equipment;
- Coordinate BOEDC planning responsibilities for the Brownfield Opportunity Area program and other related brownfield projects;
- Coordinate Harlem River Promenade planning project, including managing a consultant planning team;
- Assist local businesses in becoming more environmentally friendly and energy efficient;
- Make recommendations to businesses, developers and other government agencies for improved technologies such as Photovoltaic Panel and Green Roof installation projects;
- Market, draft, and assist local businesses and non-profits in gaining access to grant and loan programs currently offered through the BOEDC.
- Serve as part of review team for proposals to BIEE grants programs.
- Participate as a coordinator for the NYSERDA Energy Smart Communities program.
- Generate deals for environmental loan and grant funds.
- Generate new programmatic initiatives to encourage Bronx businesses and non-profits to integrate/adopt sustainable measures into their business practices
- Perform general research on new sustainable opportunities for Bronx Economic Development
- Work with team on other projects as they are identified.
- Assist BOEDC with activities and fundraising efforts.
Send resumes to: Kate Shackford, Executive Vice President and Director for Energy and the Environment— kshackford AT boedc.org.