The green industry involves much more than the innovators who are introducing new technologies to the world. Trail Blazers’ Green Industry Panel calls attention to the various phases in the pipeline: from the programs that educate youth and galvanize an interest in participating in the field such as Trail Blazers’ “Under One Sky”, to incubators that foster their development, to the angel investors and CSR-oriented companies that facilitate the implementation of ideas. The panel will discuss the various phases in the life cycle of a clean tech start-up, including covering several players and their contributions to these phases, and explore ways to further engage people, especially youth, in the field. The panel will touch upon the initial role and impact of groups such as Trail Blazers that lay instrumental groundwork by sparking a child’s interest in science, technology and the environment, the role of accelerators and incubators such as NYU-Poly in providing a platform for a start-up to be developed, a discussion of how a start-up may then find financing, and how such start-ups and their founders as well as everyone involved in this process serve as role models for the next generation of entrepreneurs.
The event opens with a networking session for event attendees to meet and explore ways they can work together and contribute to sustaining the green industry.
• Moderator: Grace Kurdian, Esq (Trail Blazers’ Board)
• Riel Peerbooms, MSW (Executive Director, Trail Blazers)
• Micah Kotch (Executive Director – NYC ACRE, NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering)
• Joe Sacks (Vice-President Corporate Development, Greenwood Energy)
• Additional panelists to be announced
• GE Monogram Design Center: 150 East 58th Street, New York, NY 10155
• Refreshments & Networking: 6:00pm – 6:30pm
• Panel: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Tiffany Caton, Development & Communications
212-929-7106 or [email protected]