Join the Japan Climate Initiative (JCI) and the Building Energy Exchange (BE-Ex) for this Climate Week NYC event providing an international showcase of leading city policies and programs that are driving effective climate action and building energy efficiency.
Leading global cities have been widely hailed as driving climate policy and action, and in large cities with mature public transit systems and little heavy industry, buildings are responsible for the large majority of carbon emissions. Finding practical solutions to dramatic energy and carbon reduction from existing buildings is a major challenge, and this program will highlight policies in place in several of the largest cities in the world that have been recognized as leading the way in building climate policy action. The Tokyo Cap & Trade Program, NYC’s Climate Mobilization Act, and the Yokohama Smart City Project have been recognized as world-leading policies and will be highlighted in this session.
- Satoshi Chida, Director, Emission Cap and Trade, Tokyo Municipal Government
- Masaki Numata, Manager, Climate Change Policy Headquarters, City of Yokohama
- John Lee, Deputy Director for Green Building & Energy Efficiency, NYC Mayor’s Office of Sustainability
- Laura Jay, Deputy Director, North America, C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group
- Yuko Nishida, Senior Manager, Climate Change, Renewable Energy Institute
- Others TBA