- 9:30 – Exhibitor area opens
- 9:30-10:15 – Panel 1: Sustainability in the Non-Profit Field
- 10:30-11:15 – Panel 2: Sustainability in Government
- 11:30-12:15 – Panel 3: Sustainability in Business
- 12:30-1:30 – Keynote Speaker
- 1:30-3:00 – Networking reception and career fair
- 3:00 – Closing remarks and exhibitor area closes
GREEN CAREER PANELS: A series of panels will introduce students to various green careers and will include representatives from business, non-profits and government. From government leaders to environmental attorneys and scientists to marketing specialists and corporate sustainability officers, students will have the opportunity to learn from and engage with professionals who have found a way to integrate and express their personal beliefs in their work.
- SUSTAINABILITY IN NON-PROFITS: Peter Lehner, Executive Director of NRDC; Chris Collins, Executive Director of Solar One; and others.
- SUSTAINABILITY IN GOVERNMENT: Representatives from the EPA, New York State’s environmental conservation agencies, and New York City’s environmental initiatives.
- SUSTAINABILITY IN BUSINESS: Amanda Kaminsky, Sustainable Construction Manager for the Durst Organization (developers of 4 Times Square and One Bryant Park); Byrony Chamberlain, Director of Operations for megabus.com; Rob Watson, Founder of LEED green building rating system; and Michelle Greene, Senior Vice President and Head of Corporate Responsibility for NYSE Euronext.
GREEN LIFESTYLE EXHIBITS: The exhibits will provide a platform for companies to engage the NYU community around a variety of sustainable products, services, and initiatives. The all-day exhibition area will focus primarily on green lifestyle choices (e.g., green products, environmental advocacy campaigns) provided by participating companies and organizations, while the afternoon reception and career fair will publicize various green jobs and internships. Exhibitors will include, among others:
- Rainforest Alliance
- Sierra Club
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
- Community Energy
- Enterprise CarShare
- NYS Public Service Commission
- Viridian Energy
GREEN CAREER FAIR: Employers with job and internship opportunities related to sustainability will be in attendance to provide information on their positions and talk to interested students about their career goals.
If you’d like to get involved as an exhibitor or panelist, contact John Oppermann at[email protected].
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE: Earth Day New York in conjunction with the NYU is launching a new student engagement conference this year titled Live Green / Work Green. It is being designed to provide students from NYU (numbering more than 40,000), and other schools, the opportunity to learn about ways they can pursue environmentally sustainable paths in both their professional and personal lives. The conference will bring together a variety of sustainability professionals to engage with the NYU student community around Live Green / Work Green themes with a strong focus on how to make a lifelong commitment to sustainability through both work and lifestyle choices.
Free to attend.