Affordable multifamily housing organizations face unique challenges during emergency events. Having the right plan in place before disaster strikes will contribute to an effectively managed, coordinated response across staff, departments, partner agencies, and sites.
This event will celebrate the release of the Ready to Respond: Disaster Staffing Toolkit, developed by Enterprise Community Partner’s, Inc. and HUD to support multifamily housing resilience.
Breakfast and registration begin at 8:30 AM
Keynote speaker: Harriet Tregoning, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, HUD
Discussion: Designing Resilient Communities through Government and CDC Partnership
- Vicki Been, Commissioner, New York City Housing Preservation and Development
- Lisa Bova-Hiatt, Interim Executive Director, New York State Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery
- Holly Leicht, Regional Administrator, HUD Region II
- Shola Olatoye, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, New York City Housing Authority
- Dan Zarrilli, Director, New York City Mayor’s Office of Recovery and Resiliency
- Moderator: Laurel Blatchford, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
Discussion: Making the Case to be Disaster Ready: Voices from the Field
- Michelle de la Uz, Executive Director, Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc.
- Christopher Kui, Executive Director, Asian Americans for Equality
- Donald Manning, Housing Director, Jewish Association Serving the Aging
- Mike Whelan, Chief Financial Officer, Services for the UnderServed
- Moderator: Lindsay Goldman, Deputy Director, Aging, The New York Academy of Medicine