Join GreenHomeNYC as we head down the catwalk of new ideas in green building, at our first forum of 2011! We’ll hear from architects, designers and product specialists for five minutes each on their newest product, invention, technique, or discovery from the cutting edge. RSVP!
Among other topics, we’ll hear about: controlling overheating in NYC apartments using existing technology; finding one of the largest undiscovered park areas in NYC; locally manufactured green fabrics, composters, and paints; “green” incubator spaces in NYC, and financing tools that require buildings to become more energy efficient.
- Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2011
- Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Location: NYC ACRE – NYU Poly, 160 Varick Street/ a.k.a. 10 Hudson Sq., 12th floor, NYC 10013 – Registration and ID required for admittance to this event.
- RSVP online.
Our speakers include:
- Carol Derby from Design Tex will discuss life-cycle analysis for commercial textiles
- Donna Hope from Vokashi will discuss wormless composting system
- Kevin Stasi from Ivy Coatings will discuss locally made eco paint
- Eva Finkelstein from Green Design Expo will discuss a new green product store in Westchester
- Diana Nezamutinova from PowerConcepts LLC will discuss heat timers and other timing devices
- Evan Mason will discuss the role of NYC yards in furthering sustainability
- Liz Eisenberg from Steven Winter Associates, Inc. will discuss fuel usage and savings in multifamily retrofits
- Andy Padian from the Community Preservation Corporation will discuss the NYS Multifamily Green Loan Program
The Green Building Forum is held on the third Wednesday of each month (except December) at 6:30 PM and features presentations by green building practitioners followed by discussion. The events are always free and open to the general public.