Join us in an exploration of Green Careers at this month’s upcoming forum. We’ll be hearing about making the transition into a green career, two different training programs, and a variety of green careers from corporate sustainability management to solar panel installation and renewable energy. This will be a great forum for anyone interested in transitioning to a green career or seeing where the trend in green professions is going in the NYC area.
- Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2012
- Time: 6:30pm to 8:00 pm (please arrive early, we’ll start promptly at 6:30pm sharp!)
- Location: NYC ACRE – NYU Poly, NYU Poly DUMBO Incubator, 20 Jay Street
Suite 313, Brooklyn, NY 11201
*Please note NEW LOCATION as of 2/13/12*
Our Speakers include:
– Michelle Andry, Partnership Coordinator for the Urban Assembly School for Green Careers, who will speak about her career path and the School’s green careers training program for high school students.
– Jaclyn Bouchard, Project Specialist from Bright Grid who participated in GreenHomeNYC’s Green Careers Transition program, and will speak to us about her own experience transitioning into a green career and the work of Bright Grid
– Anjuli Munjal, Program Coordinator for ReNEW, a part of the Nontraditional Employment for Women program, who will speak about the ReNEW program which highlights green collar jobs and is designed to give women insight into sustainable careers.
– Drew Schechtman, Vice President, Energy and Sustainability Manager, Bank of New York Mellon will present on his career path and which also includes previous work for Steven Winter Associates, Inc.